I started experimenting with a paperless classroom midway through the previous school and went all in this past year. I feel the students enjoy the use of technology and it prepares them for their future. Through generous grants and ample use of the computer labs, each student had plenty of opportunity to complete and research work.
State testing caused much debate this past year. Will our kids be ready? How will they do taking test only on computers? How do we prepare our kids? Those, amongst others, were the questions posed by parents and teachers. I felt great that my students had been taking test and quizzes online for over a year and would be ready because of the education they received from our great staff, but also because they had been taking test online and knew what to expect.
I'm not sure how I'm going to use this platform yet, but I want to post about the LMS we use in class, Schoology, Deeper Thinking Activities (DTA's), and 20% Time.
I'm also attending a summer institute at the Newseum in Washington, D.C. that will be a great opportunity for me. D my students.
Thank you for reading and I'm excited and interested to see the direction this blog heads.
No comments:
Post a Comment